The Future of Storytelling Festival, #fostfest2016, took place this weekend in NYC.
Here are some highlights featuring innovative projects in the field of fiction, gaming, animation, journalism/education, and music.
Please click on the project to get more information/a demo.
- REMINDER. This music video uses gaming aesthetics and Virtual Reality (VR) tools to create a dystopian musical experience.
- THE DEEPER THEY BURY ME (award-winner).This is an interactive encounter with one of America’s most famous political prisoners.
- CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF MYSELF. Innovative music video by Santigold which uses the camera of your computer or mobile device to incorporate you into the video in real time.
CLOSE YOUR. A first-person game that uses webcam-based face detection to take you through another person’s life every time you blink.
- FLIPPAPER. You can draw and actually play your very own pinball machine using only markers and paper.
- LATE SHIFT. The world’s first cinematic interactive movie that allows you to make plot-changing decisions in real-time, while the film keeps running seamlessly.
- INVASION! and ASTEROIDS! award-winning VR animations by baobab studios.
- Google Spotlight Stories.
- Several projects from the BBC, journalistic/educational/entertainment.
- Discover channel’s VR journalism.