Here are your contributions summarized as a word cloud:
Event “Youth Empowerment for Agenda 2030 Climate Action through Science, Technology and Innovation”
will be held in the framework of the First Multi-Stakeholder Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation for the Sustainable Development Goals (STI Forum) https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/tfm/stiforum
Date: 7 June 2016, 1:15-2:30 PM EDT; United Nations Headquarters.
You can watch the live and on demand webbroadcasting on UN WebTV http://webtv.un.org/
– International Association for the Advancement of Innovative Approaches to Global Challenges IAAI
– WorldWeWant2030 Policy and Strategy Group
– NGO Committee on Sustainable Development – NY
The event is responding to the guiding question 4) of the STI Forum “How can we deploy existing knowledge and new, innovative solutions and technologies and make them more readily available to those who need them?” with a particular focus on young people and their potentials and needs with regard to implementation of the sustainable development#Agenda2030 and with regard to transition to low-carbon societies as agreed to in the #ParisAgreement at United Nations Climate Change Conference COP22 in December 2015 in Paris.
The “Global Challenges Youth Centers” concept will be presented as globally coordinated local level entry points for youth engagement in Agenda 2030 and Paris Agreement implementation and “Sustainable Energy Entrepreneurship” as technology oriented large scale resource mobilization mechanism for youth led climate action.
The side event builds on
– Major Group NGO’s Rio+20 Issues Cluster on Innovationhttp://bit.ly/15yeZrZ
– the GloCha conference 2014 “Sustainable Development, Innovation and Youth – Building the Knowledge Base and Information and Communication Technology Infrastructure for Youth Led Civic Engagement in Local and Global Sustainable Development Action” http://www.glocha.info/index.php/glochaconference2014 and
– the climate change session of 2016 ECOSOC Youth Forum http://newsroom.unfccc.int/unfccc-newsroom/youth-demand-stronger-voice-in-shaping-international-climate-action and
aims to present and discuss concrete examples of youth empowerment for global challenges action through science, technology and innovation.
The outcomes of the side event shall help formulate a conceptual framework for youth focused technology facilitation and entrepreneurship capacity building in the context of Agenda 2030 based on blended financing from local and global public, market based and philanthropic sources and with a view towards identification of strategic social impact investment opportunities in the context of Global Challenges Giving Pledge initiative.
More info: http://www.glocha.info/index.php/latest-news/289-stiforum2016ny